Monday, September 22, 2008

Can we all say Domestic?!




So everyone should be real real proud, I canned this weekend! First I went up to Grandma Bishop's house and canned my tomatoes because I had no idea what I was doing and she had all the stuff for me to use so that worked out real good for me. I did about 12 bottles of tomatoes, some juice and the rest are just tomato chunks (gotta figure out what to do with them now!) It was kinda hard work but I was so glad to have them done and it was pretty fun! It was so nice of her to help me! Also on Saturday I went and got a half bushel of peaches and on Sunday canned those little fetchers. Again, lots of work but so glad to have them. I do know what I can do with them.....PEACH COBBLER! Wade was actually a lot of help, he helped peel the peaches which he was quite proud of! I have got a ton of tomatoes left in the garden that are starting to ripen so I need them to hurry up so I can finish canning them before I start to hate it!


















5 comments:

Hunter Family said...

I'm so proud of you! You little Betty Crocker. I seriously need you to teach me so I can get my Domestic Diva on! Plus I LOVE that you called them little Fetchers - you kill me.

Sorensen Family said...

Funny, Way to go! Mom is canning her peaches as well. Tis the season! Don't you love the ichy peach fuzz running down you arms?!

Jayme said...

I Love the itchy peach fuzz and the sticky floor and sticky stove and all of it!!! The crazy thing is, I am thinking of doing even more of them, lots of work but lots of yum

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denece said...

I quite injoy canning, you get such a good feeling and sadtisfaction from your hard work. Looking at the bottles when they are finished is the best. Keep up the good work. Love ya Denece